Enjoy stunning colours and highly flexible projection
The innovative dual-lamp system, with its new lamp, helps to make this body compact while providing 8,500lm of brightness, with 220-240V AC operation. When in ‘Lamp Relay’ mode, the system also eliminates any interruptions if a lamp should fail and enables 24/7 projection.
- Excellent image quality with new dynamic RGB booster and vivid colour control
- Dual Lamp System with lamp relay mode enables 24/7 operation
- Filter-less dust-resistant optical engine
- 8,500lm brightness
- WUXGA (1,920 x 1,000) resolution
- 10,000:1 contrast ratio (when in high contrast mode)
- Edge blending function
- Colour matching
- Dynamic RGB booster
- DIGITAL LINK
- 3D ready
Panasonic’s dynamic RGB booster also achieves high image quality alongside excellent colour reproduction and brightness. Similarly, a Detail Clarity Processor 3 brings further depth and clarity to details.
Technology for Vivid Images with High Brightness
The PT-DZ870 projector’s Dynamic Iris feature uses a scene-linking aperture mechanism to achieve a remarkable 10,000:1 contrast without lowering its high brightness. This helps to reproduce deeper, richer blacks, and provides images with more detailed textures.
New Dynamic RGB Booster Enhances Brightness and Colour
Panasonic’s RGB Booster achieves high image quality with levels of color reproduction and brightness that make each color stand out. It combines Panasonic’s proprietary Vivid Color Control technology with a Lamp Modulation Drive System for a 1-chip DLP™ projector that produces bright and vivid colors. This has been further advanced in the PTDZ870 with the development of the Dynamic RGB Booster. Images are analyzed frame by frame, and scene-linking and realtime modulation are used to achieve high brightness and vivid color reproduction.
Vivid Color Control
This unique control technology optimizes the use of the color segment areas of the color wheel.
It increases the brightness of each RGB color by minimizing the unallocated portions between the colors, to achieve truly vivid coloring.
Lamp Modulation Drive System
With the advanced lamp modulation technology, the projector is able to control the lamp intensity for each of the red, green, blue, and white segments of the color wheel separately. Because the actual light output is controlled in relation to each color segment, light usage is optimized and color balance is obtained without lowering the brightness. This results in bright vivid images with increased color fidelity
Digital Clarity Processor
This unique Panasonic circuit optimizes the sharpness of each image, based on the
super-high-, high-, medium-, and low-frequency components of the extracted image information. The resulting images have more natural, lifelike expression.
System Daylight View
This unique Panasonic technology optimizes image quality to improve the color perception of the projected image in bright rooms. With a brightness of 10,000 lm*, it provides highly comfortable viewing even in bright lighting, and allows viewers to concentrate easily on the images.
This imaging mode is similar to DICOM part 14, which is a medical imaging standard. It reproduces X-ray images with remarkable clarity
Rec. 709 Mode for HDTV Projection
Optimal color reproduction can be achieved by selecting this mode, compliant with ITU-R Recommendation BT.709, when images from an HDTV source are projected.
Easy Maintenance and Superior Reliability
Panasonics Original Dual Lamp System
This system eliminates the interruption if a lamp should fail (in dual-lamp operation mode). The Lamp Relay mode also operates the lamps alternately to enable 24/7 projection.*
Filter-Less Dust Resistant Optical Engine
A Heat-Pipe Cooling System Maintains Stable Operation up to 45°C*
A new optical cooling system featuring a heat pipe block suppresses temperature rises inside the projector and allows stable operation up to an ambient temperature of 45°C (113°F). The use of this heat-pipe cooling system also achieves quiet operation, enabling viewers to concentrate on the presentation or on quiet movie scenes.
Dust-Resistant Optical Block
The optical block, the heart of the projector, is hermetically sealed to resist the effects of dust and other particles in the air, which makes it possible to remove the air filters for optics. It also contributes to the low TCO.
System Integration Flexibility
Digital Link - Signals up to 100m
Equipped with a DIGITAL LINK terminal, the PT-DZ870 Series allows transmission of HDMI, uncompressed HD digital video and control signals (Ethernet, RS-232C) for up to 100 meters (328 feet) through a single CAT5e (STP) cable or higher.
This simplifies cabling and system upgrades, making it ideal for ceiling-mounted and other permanent installations.
Optional ET-YFB100G Digital Interface Box for Easy Setup
By combining the optional ET-YFB100G Digital Interface Box, with its HDMI and other input terminals, uncompressed HD digital video and control signals can be transmitted up to 100 m (328 feet) over a single CAT5e (STP) cable or higher. It allows projector connection with only one cable, making it ideal for ceiling-mounted and other permanent installations.
Also, because control signals can be simultaneously transmitted, the ET-YFB100G input signal can easily be switched with the wireless remote control that is included with the projector. The projector can be controlled by either serial or LAN communication.
Also Supports Other Manufacturers’ Peripheral Equipment
DIGITAL LINK is an original function added to HDBaseT™ technology. Used together with the new ET-YFB100G Digital Interface Box, or other compatible equipment, the installation of this projector is easier than ever, without any need for external receivers.
The PT-DZ870e projector is compatible with the Art-Net protocol for lighting management.Art-Net compatibility lets you connect the projector to the lighting console, and operate functions such as shutter on/off, input change, power on/off, etc., together with the light control.
Multi Screen Support System
The Multi-Screen Support System optimally adjusts multiple screens: Edge blending, Color matching and Digital image enlarging.
The edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled.
This function corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors.
The PC software assures easy, accurate control.
Digital Image Enlarging
The PTDZ870 Series features a digital zoom function that allows images to be enlarged up to 10 times (horizontally and vertically).* Up to 100 units (10 x 10) can be edge-blended at a time to create large, multi-screen images.
Multi-Unit Brightness Control
This function automatically corrects the brightness fluctuations that occur over time in the individual PT DZ870 projectors of a multi-screen system. Up to eight projectors can be controlled by connecting to each other via a hub, and this can be increased to a maximum of 2,048 projectors by using “Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software.”
Active 3D Projection Capability
The DZ870e is compatible with both passive and active 3D projection systems.
It combines with either a separate, external 100/120/144 Hz drive with IR emitter and active shutter glasses, or an active filter and passive glasses, for viewing 3D images.
The wide adjustment range of the powered horizontal/vertical lens shift function can be easily adjusted with the remote control. The unit can also be rotated 360° vertically, to accommodate various installation conditions. The lens-centered design contributes to easy Installation.
Portrait Mode (optional)
Portrait projection is possible by mounting the optional ET-LAD120P or ET-LAD120PW lamp units, updating the projector's firmware to MAIN Ver. 2.00 or later, and installing the projector with its terminal side surface facing downward.
Portrait mode adds more solutions for projection mapping, staging, and other needs
Geometric Adjustments for Specially Shaped Screens
This function adjusts the image for projection onto spherical, cylindrical and other specially shaped screens. You can make the adjustment easily using only the remote control, with no external equipment needed. 4-Corner Adjustment and Keep Aspect Off functions also simplify fine adjustment.
Geometry Manager Pro
The Geometry Manager Pro software offers a more flexible and complex geometric adjustment capability, and supports color matching and edge blending for multi-screen projection. It also makes adjustments for multiple projectors fast and easy over a network. Also, a computer can be used* to operate the geometric adjustment, and up to three sets of adjustments can be stored.
Optional Upgrade Kit (ET-UK20) Featuring Geometry Manager Pro
Applying this kit to Geometry Manager Pro software enables creative masking using four lines and/or bitmap data, uniformity correction, and other useful functions.
Optional ET-CUK10 Auto Screen Adjustment Upgrade Kit
This plug-in software for Geometry Manager Pro sets up multiple projectors automatically and simultaneously, greatly saving installation time and costs. It takes only three quick and simple steps. By using a camera** together with a PC connected to thePTDZ870 projectors via a network, this software calibrates and adjusts multi-screen or curved-screen projection. Adjustments include geometric adjustment, edge blending, color matching, stacking, brightness, and black level.
Panasonic DZ870 Vivid Picture Quality
- Unique lamp drive systems have helped to make the body compact, while providing a high 8,500 lm*1 of brightness.
- Full-HD-ready WUXGA resolution.*2
- The dynamic iris achieves a high contrast ratio of 10,000:1.
- Panasonic’s proprietary Dynamic RGB Booster achieves high image quality with excellent color reproduction and brightness.
- Active 3D projection capability.
- Detail Clarity Processor 3 brings depth and clarity to details.
- Waveform Monitor for easy and precise calibration.
- System Daylight View 2 enhances color perception with no need to turn off the lights.
- The DICOM Simulation mode.*3
- Rec. 709 mode for HDTV projection.
- Full 10-bit signal processing.
- Advanced technologies for excellent image quality: 3D color management system, HD IP conversion, digital noise reduction, dynamic sharpness control.
- A dust-resistant optical block keeps images crisp and vivid by preventing dust entry.
- A new cooling mechanism with a heat dissipating block utilizing a heat pipe.
- Panasonic’s unique Dual Lamp System eliminates a sudden interruption if a lamp should fail (in dual-lamp operation mode).
- The Lamp Relay mode also operates the lamps alternately to enable 24/7 projection.
- New lamp and new drive system improve reliability and achieve long life.
- Lamp replacement cycle of up to 3,000 hours.*4
- Easy lamp replacement from the rear.
- Optional Smoke-Resistant Filter ET-SFD120 available.
- DIGITAL LINK allows HDMI, uncompressed HD videos, audio, and control signals through a single CAT5e (STP) cable or higher.
- Compatible with optional ET-YFB100G or other switchers.*5
- The Geometric Adjustment function.*6
- Optional “Geometry Manager Pro Ver. 1.1” for more flexible geometric adjustment and modified masking functions.*6
- The Multi-Screen Support System: Edge blending, color matching and multi-screen processor.
- Flexible vertical 360 degree installation, lens-centered design, horizontal/vertical-lens shift and a wide range of optional lenses.
- Portrait mode projection available later on.*7
- Mechanical shutter with fade in/out effect.
- The Multi-Unit Brightness Control function.
- Abundant terminals, including SDI (3G support)*6, DVI-D, HDMI and 3D timing signal in/out.