16,000 lm, 3 Chip DLP and rich features from a compact body
Panasonic’s DZ16k unique quad-lamp system, with its high-power lamps, has helped to make the body compact while providing an astounding 16,000 lm of brightness.
- Compact size, light weight and low operating noise let the PT-DZ16K2 suit more applications.
- The dynamic iris achieves a high contrast ratio of 10,000:1.
- Detail Clarity Processor 3 brings depth and clarity to details.
- System Daylight View 2 enhances color perception with no need to turn off the lights.
- The DICOM Simulation mode.
- A waveform monitor function.
- Fine-adjustable color temperature.
- Full 10-bit signal processing.
- Advanced technologies for excellent image quality: 3D color management system, HD IP conversion, Digital noise reduction, Dynamic sharpness control.
Quad Lamp System for 16,000 Lumens Brightness or Extended Operation
A unique high-power UHM quad-lamp system has allowed Panasonic to dramatically reduce cabinet volume and weight while projecting images with up to an astounding 16,000 lm* of brightness
The quad-lamp system allows the projector to keep working even if a lamp should fail. Lamp Relay Mode alternates lamp operation to enable efficient and reliable 24/7 projection. Quad, Triple, Dual, and Single Lamp modes can also be used.
Dynamic Iris for a High 10,000:1 Contrast Ratio
Panasonic’s Dynamic Iris uses a scene-linking aperture mechanism to achieve a remarkable 10,000:1* contrast without sacrificing brightness. This helps the PT-DZ16k2 to reproduce deeper, richer blacks, and provides images with more textured and realistic details.
Frame Creation Technology Reduces Motion Blur
Together with a unique high-speed Real Motion Processer chip, Panasonic has refined the PTDZ16K2 optical engine to enhance focus performance for a better sense of resolution, contrast, and fluidity. Real Motion Processor creates supplemental frames and interpolates for a fast 120 Hz* frame-rate, resulting in incredibly smooth and realistic reproduction of motion. Further, 120 Hz* images can be displayed with Dual-link 3G-SDI, DVI-D, and HDMI simultaneous inputs
Detail Clarity Processor 5 Clarifies and Enhances Fine Details
This proprietary circuit analyzes each individual image frame by frame to clarify areas containing fine details and textures. A new processing algorithm pulls hidden information from the super high, high, medium, and low frequency bands, sharpening outlines, correcting contours, and reducing ringing noise to improve the sense of resolution and clarity of fine details
System Daylight View 3 Improves Color Perception
This proprietary technology optimizes image quality to improve color perception of images projected onto external or internal walls and other surfaces or in environments with bright ambient light. With high brightness of up to 16,000 lm*, the PT DZ21K2 Series delivers clear and comfortable viewing even with the lights on
DICOM Simulation Mode
This imaging mode is similar to the DICOM Part 14 medical imaging standard. It lends a film-like resolution to X-ray images, making the PT-DZ21K2 Series ideal for medical presentations and training
Single-Cable DIGITAL LINK Connection
Transmit Video, Audio*, and Control Signals Up to 150 m (492 ft)**
DIGITAL LINK supports transmission of uncompressed HD digital video, audio*, and control commands through a single cable (CAT 5e or higher STP cable) for distances of up to 150 m (492 ft)**. Add an optional ET-YFB200G DIGITAL LINK Switcher or ET-YFB100G Digital Interface Box to further simplify installation complexity in large venues while reducing cost and improving reliability at the same time.
Dual-output Capability with Optional ET-YFB200G Switcher
The ET-YFB200G DIGITAL LINK Switcher unit incorporates two DIGITAL LINK terminals. Video, audio*, and control signals can be output to two display devices individually or simultaneously. Sources can be easily switched using the projector remote controller or via PC and tablet, and multiple Switchers can be daisy-chained to integrate additional display devices.
Compatible with Other Device Brands
Panasonic developed DIGITAL LINK by adding original features to the HDBaseT™ communication standard formulated by HDBaseT Alliance. DIGITAL LINK works seamlessly with other brands’ peripheral devices supporting HDBaseT™ protocol, allowing you to easily add Panasonic projectors to existing AV infrastructure.
Geometric Adjustment for Specially Shaped Screens
This function adjusts the image for projection onto spherical, cylindrical, and other specially shaped screens.
Adjustments can be easily made using only the remote control, with no external equipment needed. 4-Corner Adjustment and Keep Aspect Off functions also simplify fine adjustment.
Multi-Unit Brightness Control
This function automatically corrects brightness fluctuations that occur over time in individual projectors in a multi-screen system. Up to eight projectors connected by a hub can be controlled increasing to a maximum of 2,048 projectors with Multi Monitoring & Control Software
Multi-Unit Brightness Control
Optimally adjusts multiple screens with edge blending, color matching, and digital image enlargement.
The edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled.
This function corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors. PC software assures easy, accurate control.
Digital Image Enlarging
PT-DZ16K2 Series features a digital zoom function that allows images to be enlarged up to 10 times (horizontally and vertically)*. Up to 100 units (10 x 10) can be edge-blended at a time to create large, multi-screen images.
- Up to 3,000-hour*2 lamp replacement cycle.
- The four-lamp system allows the projector to keep working even if a lamp should fail. The Lamp Relay mode also operates the lamps alternately to enable 24/7 projection.
- Environment-friendly, low power consumption of approx. 2,150 W.
- Easy lamp replacement from the rear.
- Panasonic’s original optical engine and liquid cooling system minimize the hassle of maintenance.
- Liquid cooling system allows use in ambient temperatures from 0 °C to 45 °C (from 32 °F to 113 °F)*3 with a compact body and quiet operation.
- A dust-resistant cabinet and new, reusable “Eco Filter” that needs no replacement for 12,000 hours*4 protect optical components from dust.
- Optional Smoke Cut Filter ET-SFR510 available.
- A lens-centered design, a wide range of optional lenses, powered H/V-lens shift, and flexible vertical 360-degree installation.
- Lens memory function.
- Lens lock function to secure the lens installation condition.
- Mechanical lens shutter with fade in/out effect.
- The Multi-Unit Brightness Control function.
- The Multi-Screen Support System: Edge blending, color matching and multi-screen processor.
- The Geometric Adjustment function.
- Single-cable DIGITAL LINK connection transmits video and control signals for up to 100 m (328 ft).
- Abundant terminals, including SDI (3G/HD/SD), DVI-D and HDMI inputs.
- P-in-P function.
- Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software optionally available.
- A Scheduling function.
- Art-Net compatible.
- Carefully manufactured at the Panasonic factory in Japan, under strict quality control.
Panasonic PT-DZ16k2 Connections
In the Box